Everything’s going south this week as the deep South, South of the border and Southeast Asia are whats new for this week’s edition of New Eats
by Alexander Quebec
- Guacamole 61 (Berkley) – Fresh Mexican food at the Epicurious garden, a portion of the proceeds benefits charities devoted to fighting human trafficking and rape. This is a take out only spot, so be prepared to relax and chill in the garden with your food.
- Hella Vegan Eats (Oakland) – A popular vegan food truck gets a permanent location. The beergarden next door is also home to some classic cars.
- Paprikas (San Francisco) – Offering choose your own noodles and rice plates in the Financial district of San Francisco. Might become a popular lunch spot in the area soon.
- Laughing Monk Brewery (San Francisco) So new that there’s only 4 beers on tap (with capacity for up to 16 brews) and no food…for now. (Food will be coming from Azalina’s Malaysian commercial kitchen.)
- As Quoted (San Francisco) Vegan? Gluten Free? Both? Neither one? If your in the Presidio Heights neighborhood, check out this new Farm to Table eatery that offers almost everything to anyone.
- Tender Loving Kitchen (San Francisco) Offering Burmese food with most plates under $9 in the Tenderloin district.
- KoJa Kitchen (Emeryville) Craving a Korean BBQ burger with the fried rice buns? The fourth brick and mortar location of the popular Korean fusion food truck is now open in the Emeryville Public Market.
- Pak Nam Tai (San Francisco) Southern Thai cuisine is the highlight of this eatery, which many on yelp are commenting are very hot. Give the Pork Satay (below) a try.
Anyone else we missed? Gonna give these places a try? Let us know in the comments below