This year, Super Bowl 50 takes place right in our backyard in the San Francisco Bay Area. Whether you scored tickets to the big game, planning to tailgate it with friends or watch the game at home, tasty snacks are the best way to score a touchdown with your guests. To celebrate, we present to you, in no particular order, 10 of the most popular recipes for super bowl snacks to stack your coffee table with.
California is known for it’s avocados, in fact we’re the #1 producer of avocados in the country. On top of that, they’re now coming into season. Why not try this classic staple at your get together.
- Pigs in a blanket
Popular with both adults and kids alike, be sure to make enough, as these little morsels of meat and fluffy pastry disappear fast
- Artichoke Dip – Almost all artichokes in the USA are grown in California, with over 80% of them coming from the Monterey County area.
- Spinach dip
Something creamy and cool, serve alongside with vegetables or some crusty sourdough bread
- Buffalo Wings – Another classic to have at your super bowl party , be sure to have lots of celery sticks, carrots and napkins on hand for your guests
- Sliders – Meat and cheese? Hell yeah! Always a winning combination.
- Pico De Gallo
The best accompaniment for tortilla chips, also called salsa fresca. Easy and quick to make
- Jalapeno Poppers – This recipe bakes them, not fries them like most traditional places, although your guests may not notice the difference.
- Potato Skins – Melty cheese and cool sour cream on top of potato slices topped with bacon, what more can a football fan ask for?
- Hummus Classic hummus, adding a healthy touch to your platter. Serve with your favorite vegetables or warm pita bread.
What do you think? Did we miss anything else? What do you like to have for your Super Bowl Spread. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
All recipes from allrecipes.com and are from their respective owners. Click on the recipes links and send them your love for us.